Keeping Systems Working In Perfect Harmony
A well designed systems management solution can help to grow the organisation in a shorter period of time. This includes providing extended visibility for the planning stages and is useful for accelerating deployments. Removing the complexity can reduce overall costs, also allowing a more streamlined process.
Cloud OS implementation and Microsoft Windows client rollouts still seem to remain the biggest concern with our customers who call in. But why the concerns? We do agree that these are particularly complex tasks that are usually time sensitive as well, this is probably why there is so much worry around these subjects. Systems management tools can really help with the initial phases of a client rollout by providing answers for the following questions:
- How many PC’s does the customer have on their network?
- Which devices needs more RAM, increased storage space etc?
- How should we determine when a device is end of life and should be replaced?
- How many applications are active and what users access them?
- Will all software work effectively after the proposed changes?
The answers to all of these questions are present within the system management tools. We will scan your entire network to find all of the relevant information, collate the data and present an upgrade/renewal document. Software of this nature significantly cuts down on the amount of man hours required to gather the required information.
The “3 Simple Steps” Approach
Cloud OS is considered difficult as it involves transforming your existing datacentre setup from fully virtualised to the next level, following a 3 stage approach:
- Implement tools to manage your infrastructure, speeding up provisioning, running granular monitoring, backups and general compliance.
- Identify and automate the provisioning and maintenance processes throughout the organisation. This creates a centralised, readily available repository of repeatable management tools.
- Create a service catalogue that your users can access on demand using a web interface. This self-service style portal will entitle them to access the services that they require on a regular basis. This creates an on demand 24 hour a day, 7 days a week service is available to them within just a few clicks and a quick sign on.
A system like this would be ITIL V3 aligned and is intended to reduce the complexity whilst increasing predictability within the network. Using systems management solutions reduces risk and overall operational costs.